Background. The topicality of the study is determined by the social perception of the dramatic nature of the historical legacy of Stalinism and the contradictory nature of the organizational and economic forms establishment in the market economy in Russia at the turn of the 20th and 21st centuries, that explain the constant interest in studying the content and results of the radical change in the Russian village economic structure in the 1930s – 1950s. The aim of the research is systematization and analysis of Russian historical explanatory models that characterize the key moments of the Bolsheviks’ agrarian policy in the conditions of accelerated industrialization in the USSR.
Materials and methods. The article analyzes the works of contemporary historians devoted to the study of the Bolsheviks’ agrarian policy. The methodology of the study is based on the principles of the systematic approach to considering the
history of the Soviet society.
Results. In the late XX – early XXI centuries the arrays of unpublished historical sources were introduced into scientific circulation, that were promoting the expansion of scientific searching in the study of agrarian policy, economy and social interaction practices in the soviet village since 1930s till early 1950s. Dozens of works of a generalizing nature were appearing. But a holistic, consistent explanatory model has not been created yet.
Conclusions. The leading explanatory models (strategies) of modern historiography are the development of questions on the formation of the political and economic system of Stalinism; the study of “quasi-social history of the village”; the analysis of social interaction, communication practices, mechanisms of the new identity construction through Bolshevist propaganda; the study of collectivization in the structure of more global social processes. Very promising research ways are the characteristic of the social nature of Stalinism, its conditionality by the soil paternalistic component of the peasant consciousness; the study of socio-political interaction practices, where the peasantry plays the role of an active self-organizing proncipple, a subject of new political reality construction; the analysis of the dynamics of everyday social practices, psychology and the Soviet village consciousness in the 1930s, during the great Patriotic war and in the postwar period.
1. Istoriya Vsesoyuznoy Kommunisticheskoy partii (bol'shevikov). Kratkiy kurs [Proceedings of the All-Union Communistic Party (Bolsheviks). A brief course]. Moscow: Pisatel', 1997, 352 p.
2. Mel'nikova T. A. Istoricheskaya i sotsial'no-obrazovatel'naya mysl' [Historical and socioeducational thought]. 2009, no. 2, pp. 61–71.
3. Danilov V. P. Stranitsy istorii sovetskogo obshchestva: Fakty, problemy, lyudi [Pages of the history of the Soviet society: Facts, problems, people]. Moscow: Politizdat, 1989, 447 p.
4. Ivnitskiy N. A. Kollektivizatsiya i raskulachivanie (nachalo 30-kh godov) [Collectivization and dispossession of the kulaks (early 1920s)]. Moscow: Magistr, 1996, 285 p.
5. Sovremennoe krest'yanovedenie i agrarnaya istoriya Rossii v XX veke [Modern studies of peasantry and the agrarian history of Russia in the XX century]. Moscow: Politicheskaya entsiklopediya, 2015, 743 p.
6. Babashkin V. V. Gumanitarnye nauki v Sibiri [Humanities in Siberia]. 2009, no. 2, pp. 78–82.
7. Babashkin V. V. Stalinizm i krest'yanstvo: sb. nauch. st. i materialov kruglykh stolov i zasedaniy teoreticheskogo seminara «Krest'yanskiy vopros v otechestvennoy i mirovoy istorii» [Stalinims and the peasantry: collected articles and materials of rond tables and sessions of the theoretical seminar “The peasantry issue in the Russian and world history”]. Moscow: Izd-vo Ippolitova, 2014, pp. 38–48.
8. Zelenin I. E. Stalinskaya «revolyutsiya sverkhu» posle «velikogo pereloma» 1930–1939: politika, osushchestvlenie, rezul'taty [Stalin’s “revolution from the top” after “the great break” 1930–1939: policy, implementation, results]. Moscow: Nauka, 2006,
9. Rogalina N. L. XX vek i sel'skaya Rossiya [The XX century and a rural Russia]. Tokio, 2012, iss. 2, pp. 186–231.
10. Kedrov N. G. Vestnik Vologodskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Ser.: Gumanitarnye, obshchestvennye, pedagogicheskie nauki [Bulletin of Vologda State University. Series: Humanities, social, pedagogical sciences]. 2017, no. 1 (4), pp. 12–16.
11. Kondrashin V. V. Golod 1932–1933 godov. Tragediya rossiyskoy derevni [The famine of 1932–1933. A tragedy of the Russian village]. Moscow: ROSSPEN, 2008, 519 p.
12. Kondrashin V. V. Khlebozagotovitel'naya politika v gody pervoy pyatiletki i ee rezul'taty (1929–1933) [The bread procurement policy during the first fire-year plan and its results (1929–1933)]. Moscow: ROSSPEN, 2014, 353 p.
13. Kondrashin V. V., Mozokhin O. B. Politotdely MTS v 1933–1934 gg. [Political departments of machine and tractor stations in 1933–1934]. Moscow: Russkaya kniga, 2017, 304 p.
14. Kedrov N. G. Lapti stalinizma. Politicheskoe soznanie krest'yanstva Russkogo Severa v 1930-e gody [Bast shoes of Stalinism. Political consciousness of the peasantry of the Russian North in 1930s]. Moscow: Politicheskaya entsiklopediya, 2013, 280 p.
15. Beznin M. A., Dimoni T. M. Protoburzhuaziya v sel'skom khozyaystve Rossii 1930–1980-kh godov (novyy podkhod k sotsial'noy istorii rossiyskoy derevni) [Protobourgeoisie in the agriculture of Russia in 1930–1980 (a new approach to the social history of
the Russian village)]. Vologda: Legiya, 2008, 56 p.
16. Beznin M. A., Dimoni T. M. Rossiyskaya istoriya [Russian history]. 2002, no. 2, pp. 96–111.
17. Bondarev V. A. Stalinizm i krest'yanstvo: sb. nauch. st. i materialov kruglykh stolov i zasedaniy teoreticheskogo seminara «Krest'yanskiy vopros v otechestvennoy i mirovoy istorii» [Stalinims and the peasantry: collected articles and materials of rond tables and sessions of the theoretical seminar “The peasantry issue in the Russian and world history”]. Moscow: Izd-vo Ippolitova, 2014, pp. 49–58.
18. Il'inykh V. A. Rossiyskaya istoriya [Russian history]. 2012, no. 1, pp. 130–141.
19. Il'inykh V. A. Ezhegodnik po agrarnoy istorii Vostochnoy Evropy. 2012 god: Tipologiya i osobennosti regional'nogo agrarnogo razvitiya Rossii i Vostochnoy Evropy X–XXI [Yearbook of agrarian history of Eastern Europe. 2012: Typology and features of
the regional agrarian development of Russia and Eastern Europe in the X–XXI centuries]. Moscow; Bryansk: RIO BGU, 2012, pp. 620–629.
20. Kornilov G. E. Ezhegodnik po agrarnoy istorii Vostochnoy Evropy. 2012 god: Tipologiya i osobennosti regional'nogo agrarnogo razvitiya Rossii i Vostochnoy Evropy X–XXI [Yearbook of agrarian history of Eastern Europe. 2012: Typology and features of
the regional agrarian development of Russia and Eastern Europe in the X–XXI centuries]. Moscow; Bryansk: RIO BGU, 2012, pp. 607–620.